Dota 2 Glimpse of Graphics
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >>>

--
Looks pretty amazing, I'm excited for the tournament
THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE A TOTAL RIPOFF OF LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. WHY DON'T THEY THINK OF SOMETHING ORIGINAL? THREE LANES AND 4 ABILITIES PER HERO? BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

--
Quote by Karrmerx
Looks pretty amazing, I'm excited for the tournament

Yep

--
F'ed in the A.

--
On second look, it looks like there's a daylight timer at the top. That is something that league is lacking... but maybe its a good thing?

I am excited about this, and can't wait to get top 100 in closed beta again.

--
they already said that it's literally 100% exactly the same as dota as far as all the mechanics go so it definitely should have the day/night thing for the one stupid hero

I like some parts of DotA (the higher skill cap and shit) but those parts are also things that sometimes enrage me (having to pay attention to denying and last hitting gets old) so I dunno

sometimes I think League took the bad parts of DotA out and made it a lot more just fun, and other times I kinda like the way DotA is a lil more hardcore

just have to play it and FIND OUT! the one prospect I do like, which no one knows whether or not it'll be the case, is the possibility that DotA 2 will be retail and thus not force people to spend money every single week on getting the next new OP hero. if I can just play the game and always have access to every hero that would be a good boost in its favor imo
Quote by Karrmerx
they already said that it's literally 100% exactly the same as dota as far as all the mechanics go so it definitely should have the day/night thing for the one stupid hero

I like some parts of DotA (the higher skill cap and shit) but those parts are also things that sometimes enrage me (having to pay attention to denying and last hitting gets old) so I dunno

sometimes I think League took the bad parts of DotA out and made it a lot more just fun, and other times I kinda like the way DotA is a lil more hardcore

just have to play it and FIND OUT! the one prospect I do like, which no one knows whether or not it'll be the case, is the possibility that DotA 2 will be retail and thus not force people to spend money every single week on getting the next new OP hero. if I can just play the game and always have access to every hero that would be a good boost in its favor imo

Just buttfuck em.

--
I'm sad that it doesn't look like the followed in League's footsteps with the simple Q, W, E, R hotkeys. Looks like they're sticking with the random ass placement ones. AKA, learn each heroes hotkeys individually

--
Quote by Lamyra
I'm sad that it doesn't look like the followed in League's footsteps with the simple Q, W, E, R hotkeys. Looks like they're sticking with the random ass placement ones. AKA, learn each heroes hotkeys individually

Where did you hear this?

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Fries
Where did you hear this?

I didn't hear it I'm just guessing based on the screenshots. They all have different letters on the upperleft corner of the abilities.

--
the first SS has it hotkeyed as QWE so maybe you can change it? I'd hope so cuz QWER is way easier
They should just call it LoL2

--
Quote by Karrmerx
the first SS has it hotkeyed as QWE so maybe you can change it? I'd hope so cuz QWER is way easier

That's what I was thinking/hoping, too. That hotkey set up is probably the best improvement LoL made. Hopefully there's no account leveling crap.

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Fries
Quote by Karrmerx

That's what I was thinking/hoping, too. That hotkey set up is probably the best improvement LoL made. Hopefully there's no account leveling crap.

Leveling up the account was a good idea once they implemented ranked games. I would hate to get into ranked games with a guy who has never played before.

--
There are ways to accomplish that without talent trees and crap, though. I have no problems with a superficial level just indicating someone's relative experience with the game, but for competitive games I'd prefer everyone to start with the exact same strengths/weaknesses.

--
F'ed in the A.
Quote by Fries
There are ways to accomplish that without talent trees and crap, though. I have no problems with a superficial level just indicating someone's relative experience with the game, but for competitive games I'd prefer everyone to start with the exact same strengths/weaknesses.

I'd like it if they made it the leveling thing, but not the runes/masteries.

--
Quote by house
Quote by Fries

I'd like it if they made it the leveling thing, but not the runes/masteries.

I liked runes and masteries it lets you hone your role better. Its not hard to get a full book for each tank/cast/ad

I used my jungle book for ranged carries... they're interchangeable really.

--
It's not the runes/masteries I have a problem with, per say, but the fact that they're obtained through leveling. Give even a newcomer the ability to build a tree with x points and, as House said, just have some superficial experience system used for matchmaking.

--
F'ed in the A.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >>>
[Back to Index]